Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Animation Drawings



Okay, so the story goes like this: for the past 8 or so months I have, among many other tasks, have been working on an extensive hand drawn animation. These films involve several thousand illustrations and take a long time to produce. In fact after 3 quarters of a year I’ve yet to actually make anything move. So under the mental duress of a mounting pile of un-photographed stills, in essence a movie lying dead waiting for the resurrection, I cracked. Putting the detailed and tedious work aside I grabbed a pile of scrap paper and decided to make this “flip book”. The goal being to see what I can make, start to finished film, in one day. Well the drawings were no problem but the transfer to video stretched out for three days before I got what I’ve posted above. The primary, if not only, reason for the extended work period seemed to be my slow learning curve on the software. I’m doing my best but I am terrible with computers.  At any rate the film is up and I think I could cut the post way down next time. With a tight ship and functioning computer I am confident I could produce shorts much better than this on a regular basis. Animation is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment