Saturday, September 18, 2010

Alternative Comics Sound and Visions (Update)



HEY APATHY! SURREAL COMICS



Some new music for the City of Gears timelapse video. This film shows a day in the life of a street painter following a 3.5 hour, 12 x 12 foot mural. The drawing was made on the corner of Queen Street and Soho , downtown Toronto in 2007. I’ve used various different scores for the presentation of this video but, like the animations, have been struggling a lot with sound issues.

I like this track because it was programmed entirely into an old synthesizer keyboard enabling me to add it to the video without any editing or degenerative interference. With my limited technology, or at least limited knowledge there of, I can’t seem to get a professional sounding recording consisting of more than one track.

This loop was created for my animation reel which will be featured at this years Nuit Blanche festival. It worked  so I thought to add it to this video as well. Sort of a theme song, but really it’s the only clean recording I have right now. There will be more. Music by Narsen Osutei, Mark vanZyl, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment