Friday, October 1, 2010

Alternative Comics Surreal Webcomic

HEY APATHY! Alternative Comics

Busy week in and out of the comics laboratory. I've been pounding away at the animation but had so many other odds and ends that  time is slipping by fast. I did a lot of research ( with the aid of my father) into getting proper prints done. I haven't been able to meet the needs of my customers because of various technical difficulties regarding print production. However this past week has been really successful and I've been able to find a few really nice prints at various price points. I got some glossy posters done, which will probably sell for less than $60 and some really high quality arcival giglee prints. The giglee prints aren't cheap, but damn they are striking. I am really happy with the work and will be making up a couple of new editions next week. This weekend is the Nuit Blanche festival so I also spent many hours editing the animations and music which are going to be projected on the front of 401 Richmond Street. I'll also be performing /projecting out on Queen West as an unofficial part of the program. The worst part about editing was that not only do I not know what I'm doing, but I installed a brand new video editing software in my computer that was totally awesome, until it crashed my system. Nothing, not even my documents folder, would work properly until I uninstalled the new system. That was a rotten 6 hours. Nonetheless I got the weekly webcomic finished and posted. The prologue or first vignette, is now complete. So that's one exhausting week with many other things still unresolved I move forward towards Saturday's exhibition, an entire night, from sunrise to sunset, of live painting and projected animations in the middle of the streets. OTHER STREET ART EXHIBITS

No comments:

Post a Comment