Thursday, July 22, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS

HEY APATHY! Surreal Comics

Another unfinished one pager from the surreal sketchbook. I haven’t the time to work on full scale comics so I decided to keep a sketchbook of weird short comics. The project is really fun because of it’s freedom. Though the sketchbook sized works sacrifice the detail and the smoothness of fine paper drawings the interesting part is that it doesn’t matter what I draw. When I work on a HEY APATHY! Book, I’ll do a script, some preliminaries and research but these strange cartoons are just off the top of my head. Free form comics just start drawing and hope for the best. The only rule I am following is that each page tells one story. What is also of interest, and entirely unplanned, is that all of these vignettes are started to connect together in a larger plot. I want to revamp my Surreal Comics page on my site and add these comic strips but that won’t happen for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment