Saturday, July 24, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS

HEY APATHY! ALTERNATIVE COMICS


Surreal Comics from the city of gears! A subliminal addiction leads to a horrific simplification as a young denizen turns technologically sentient whilst texting a friend. The victim’s eyes and mouth are transformed into computer screens completing the electric assimilation. This is a panel from a short entitled “ Eyes turned Square” based on the old warning that our mother’s would give when we watched too much T.V. . The comic is part of a collection of stream of conscious stories I’m gathering inside my 8.5 x 11 inch sketchbook. As I am currently in the middle of a large animation project, funded by the Ontario Council for the Arts, I have little time for drawing comics but am happy with some of the shorts have turned out. I’ll publish them all in the fall when I have more time to do the lettering and scans.

No comments:

Post a Comment