Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Newspaper Comics! Ideological Battlegrounds


"GREAT FNORD, WE'RE SURROUNDED!"


Ideological warfare breaks loose on Election Day as suburban thought processes move in for the kill! I made this editorial newspaper comic a few months back following Toronto’s 2010 election but never gotten around to scanning it until yesterday. I spent my entire Monday (from noon- 6:30 am) working on the computer. My new works page, while one of the most trafficked, was a real mess.  I took the time to update the page, which, although entitled NEW WORKS, had not actually been worked on in over 6 months. Well the efforts yesterday proved fruitful and I managed to rebuild and redesign the entire presentation.  The best part is the new format is a little more blog-like allowing for easy organization and frequent updates. I am particularly pleased with the direction the new ink drawings have taken. Oddly enough the online presentation of these drawings has actually inspired and enhanced the conceptual conversation I am trying to initiate. Anyways back to work, I’ve a commission to wrap up today and then I’d like to get back on the website for a little fine tuning. HEY APATHY

No comments:

Post a Comment