Sunday, May 15, 2011

Comic Book Drawings & Graffiti Street Art





The end of an era, (so to speak) I got a phone call from a long time collector who I met while working the streets yesterday who was wondering if I had any of my old canvas’ left for sale. I used to make a bunch of acrylic on canvas’ works ranging from 8” x 10 “ to 30” x 40 “ which I sold while performing on Queen Street West in downtown Toronto. So I scrambled through what little I art I have stored in my apartment and discovered there are only 4 pieces left. Pretty amazing considering I was cranking out anywhere from 25 and 50 small canvas’ works a week between 2006 and 2008. That equals about 2500 artworks ( mostly 8 x 10”) hanging on weirdo’s walls world wide. And this total does not even include the small prints or ink on paper works I was producing before graduating to the finer canvas’.



It pretty crazy and well feels really good to look back on that accomplishment and say hey those were some damn good times. I’ll never forget one morning when I set up my stuff and this guy with a really thick Australian accent approached me with the following question “ So you just sit here and draw pictures all day?” My response was “Pretty much, here let me tell you about this one …” He cut me off before I could explain it saying “ oh I know all about the City of Gears, I have one in my house in Australia, my daughter bought one here the last time she was visiting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment