Monday, May 9, 2011

Comic Book Blogs SELF PORTRAIT metamorphosis





Ok so the last few weeks have been less than inspiring. I've been really, really down. I'll run through my situation quickly just to give any reader’s out there a sense of why I kind of wish the universe would end these days but even worse why I almost stopped caring. 1) ADDICTION: like so many of us I’ve been trapped by addiction for holy s—t 18 years or so now and I just can’t take it any more. 2) MONEY –For the past couple of years I have been financing my projects with the support of various art council granting programs. I thought I was building a future and some strong relationships here but this year after spending 2 months writing essays and filling out forms I received a grand total of $2000 municipally and a glorious go fuck yourself from the Canadian Arts Council, (next year I’m going to draw them a picture of a beaver driving a Newfoundland schooner across a map of Canada) 3) MY SOUL- people keep calling me to do commercial work and I had to take some for the first time in over 10 years, I feel like bloody Winston with my face in a cage full of rats, 4) THE WORLD- I am so stupid that I actually tried to discuss the problems of the world with a group of Americans, I got so frustrated that I turned into as big of an asshole as those people are and virtually lost all faith in mankind. 5) ALL OF THE ABOVE – have put a serious strain on my 6 year relationship and my girlfriend, who was basically my wife, isn’t talking to me right now.



Deep breath, I’m dealing with it all as best as I can. The self portrait at the top of this post is my first drawing in weeks but at least it’s more positive than the one I did near the end of April ( reposted below).  keep on truckin , just keep on truckin ...


No comments:

Post a Comment