Saturday, February 27, 2010

ALTERNATIVE MONSTER COMICS



MONSTER COMICS! Here's a couple of panels from my new online story about creepy creatures and of things best left unsaid. These sequential images are kind of fun and how the whole online comic started. I had set aside a little time each day to make a collection of drawings based on strange and monstrous characters, really I was just catering to a selfish desire to make creepy pictures,, and then my brain took over. It came up with names and background, locations, and motivations for these simple characters. Then I started mixing in a whole bunch of alternative thoughts and pushed my self to discover justification of the deviations, why are these drawings important? I mean a monster is a monster right? Wrong
I skimmed a bunch of my favourite books and movies and quickly realized that a great monster is a metaphorical one and started to make some connections. I devised an over all script, and resolution regarding the production of the strange portraits and before I knew it, a few little sketchy details had become an entire adventure...MONSTER COMICS! The first page is up at www.heyapathy-comics-art.com/Monster-Comics.html with lots more to come. This online comic book should get interesting as I plan to incorporate some animations, traditional comics, single-panels with text and multi-directional pages in order to tell you a story about how we a are kind of like monsters in our own petty ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment