Friday, February 26, 2010

MONSTER COMICS!


Finally finished the first webpage installment of MONSTER COMICS! The auto-biographical adventure shares my experiences last year working for a strange and particular patron. This ogre-like client called himself BLACKBEARD and hired me because of how fast I am able to draw. I was commisioned to do a number of portraits of people and travelled all over the place to do so. The project was a big one and the struggles aplenty, and eventually I figured out why it was so important to be quick with the pen, but in the end, well you'll have to wait and see.

These two drwings are from the first web-page installment of my new online comic. Although in a regular published book, these image would easily take up two pages, I've set up the online fable as a series of "scenes". and each page will read like a chapter of vignette. I am starting to get into this type of process. In most of my previous works I have spent hours on drawing pages and hour finishing them. Using the computer and small scribbles I can get pretty much the same effect when presenting these on the screen. At I don't have to spend any time nitpicking, and digital inking is way fast. The only real difference is that none of these artworks actually exist out side of the internet! check out the first webpage at http://www.heyapathy-comics-art.com/Monster-Comics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment