Friday, February 12, 2010

Life of a Canadian Artist


SUBMISSIONS!SUBMISSIONS!SUBMISSION. Today was a day of buearocratic paperwork. Alas the life of an artist is not all killing monsters and blowing up buildings. Sometimes us creative folk actually have to do work. Especially those of us without representation, so it goes. Fortunetly for me my organizational skills are starting to come together and I've much experience in the feild. The result being that these proposals get easier each time ( and subsequently increasingly profitable). This is a particularily busy time for the paper work as a number of the events I take part in annually have deadlines falling between Feb 15 - March 1. I sent a few things out over the web today including my Nuit Blanche application. Last year I did a live street painting & musical performance on Queen West. This year I'm going to try and get you guys to do all the work as I hope to install and conduct a sort of open canvas workshop in the same location. Truth be told I sick of drawing pictures and if I can get someone else to do it all the better! Just kidding. Actually the most exciting part of all my public performances and interventions has always been the interaction between my self, my art, and the audience. I thought it might be interesting to try and break the boundaries between artist & viewer through a more interactive performance this year. It will defenitely be interesting and very likey quite messy. Here are some samples of the kind of work I have to put into these proposals.

Floor plan foor a 10 x 20 ft. Multi-media Public installation:



The proposals also require visual support material of past projects. This one's from the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition:

No comments:

Post a Comment