Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Live Painting at Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition







This photographic sequence represents a day in the life of the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. An gigantic annual art show held at Toronto's Nathan Philips Square. The deadline for applying to this years event is coming up pretty soon and I came across these photos from last year. The show is an extensive venture, from set up at sunrise to three days of painting and story telling. As equally exciting as it is exhausting, the T.O.A.E. always feels like a roller coaster ride full of twists and turns. I never know who or how many people I'll meet nor am I able to predict the amount of hard work that the show always requires. I did my first public exhibition at the T.O.A.E. way back in 2002, and although I get better at performing each year, it never gets any easier! Check out more performance painting at www.heyapathy-comics-art.com/PERFORMANCE-ART-PUBLIC.html
PICTURES 1) setting up the 10x 20 portable gallery walls 2) early afternoon crowds start pouring through city hall 3) start the live painting 4) about an hour later finished the live painting 5) telling stories and narrating the comic pages!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment