Friday, April 30, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS Committed Myself to Asylum today....

HEY APATHY! Alternative Comics

After many years of constant internal chattering, an incompatible disposition, and perpetual deliberation, I finally committed my self to the asylum today. However the strange impulse inciting the occurrence differed drastically from any which I had imagined. I never once attempted suicide, or took arms nor acted violently. In fact it were almost as if I'd never left my senses at all. It was actually the revelation of the utmost clerical, mathematical, and quantifiable of revelations which induced my resignation and the drug addled state of being I feel grower stronger in my blood with each word  I am now typing.

Fortunately, as my time is running thin, the explanation of my position happened very quickly. I had left my home early, as I do everyday. Nothing peculiar happened, and all my routines were in order. Over breakfast I was irritated by the flimsy sound bites on the radio news. During the morning traffic I became aggregated at the music, not only on my radio but from the pounding bass amps in others. I was pushed and shoved through the subway and finally arrived at the office to listen to people talk about dreaded reality shows from last night. My office was in shambles and with my desk top in the shop my boss knew nothing better but to embarrass me with menial chores.

After work I went to the book store and was hideously appalled. Worthless words on every self and the most ludicrous propaganda as the window display feature! The film began at 8 and as usual I was home by half past. I've grown sensitive towards movies customarily walking out nauseated. Then at last I reach my home computer and the web. I search and search every night for some worthy entertainment. I search in vain. It's even worse in here than it is out there! All sorts of miniscule languages have irrelevant conversations about all the things the news, radio, TV and pictures showed us! Thus every night I fall asleep in anger at the ignorance of the world!

But this morning when I awoke, I had the most insidious of notions. I tried to deny it and ignore it, but the mathematical skills of even my untrained feeble mind had finally done the calculations which sent me to this cell. I finally realized that so infuriatingly out numbered, it was mathematically impossible for everyone else to be insane. Therefore as I peered out from my bedroom window I realized the truth. My perception of reality, one were people might remain polite dignified , educated, and creative, was a delusion. Every moment of aspiration and inspiration I'd ever felt was entirely an hallucination and not of right mind.

Unfortunately as clear as the truth is now seen, I cannot bring my insane suggestions to silence. I still firmly believe in them despite factually knowing otherwise. I still dream of a powerful novel like those of times long past, or for a musical innovation that actually involves music, and of a cinema filled with unbelievably photographed narrations regarding topics of importance, and of a place where it is uncommon to find aggression as a regular part of life. Since I cannot separate these wild fantasies from the world in which I must function, I have decided the only sane thing left to do was to see if any treatments or prescriptions can help me someday retrieve my sanity and return to society.


No comments:

Post a Comment