Saturday, April 3, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS in SPACING MAGAZINE

HEY APATHY! Alternative Comics in Spacing Magazine!

I did an interview with Chris Bilton over at the Extempore Studios and few months back and finally saw the results this past weekend. It was pretty cool talking to Chris. Chris has been following the HEY APATHY! mythos for many years now. He really new his stuff and had done a lot of research regarding my development as an artist. The article turned out really well and the magazine is awesome. There were also some interesting quotes from Kelly McCray, a really big-time art dealer in the Toronto scene, which was kind of nice. I found it a little weird that the article stated that I  won an award from MOCCA when in fact the afore mentioned honour  was from David D'Angelo, one of the curator's of the MOCCA not the institute itself. Other wise I thought the article was awesome. I posted the cover of the magazine and a little bit of the story, but you'll have to go out and buy a copy to read the rest. Highly Recommended amd not just because I'm in it!

P.s. It was about 30% here in Toronto today so I took it easy and sprawled out in Bellevue park reading tonnes of E.C. Shocksuspense stories including a few Bradbury adaptations. I tell you this stuff is great and I never fail to crack up, even burst out into laughter, when I get to the last panel! Even the freelance illustrator deserves a day of luxury, rest, and shocking tales once in a while!

BLACK MAGIC PRACTICAL JOKES #669
(a little EC homage)


No comments:

Post a Comment