Thursday, April 29, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS TELEPATHIC BATTLES AND TECHNOLOGICAL RESOLVE


HEY APATHY! ALTERNATIVE COMICS ART OF WAR


"Kill therefore with the sword of wisdom the doubt born of ignorance that lies in the heart. Be one in self-harmony, in Yoga, and arise great warrior, arise".Bhagavad Gita

In the entirety of my memories, and more so as of late, I have found myself in perpetual struggles against my fellow man. Now that is not to say that I've led a violent or even particularly aggressive life, but rather one of constant defence. It would seem that no matter how miniscule a personal space I require, some one is compelled to invade it either intentionally or otherwise. Oddly enough, as I've witnessed opposite reactions in others frequently, I always fight for my space if it is rightfully mine. Whether it be for a bus seat occupied by a package, or a cafe territorially inhabited by fiends, I rarely subside though the exertion is trying.

No I do not derive pleasure from the aggravating confrontation and am always left with an uncomfortable pulse rate and embarrassing hue. For I time I questioned whether I secretly coveted encountering ignorant and inconsiderate villains, but soon realized that there was absolutely no escape. I tried many new places all over the globe but the situation was always repeated. Some one somewhere would infringe on my space. If I tried to picnic, a team of Frisbee players would set up game less than a foot from my food. If I tried to buy vegetables someone would push past my place in line. When I opened a book a guitar started bleeding, and when the guitar sounded exquisite construction began. These mild trivialities on exemplified the worst of the intrusions through their persistent restless pestering in between larger incidents.

I will no go into the sordid details of these larger events for they alone hold the key to my preservation and authority, but I will share a brief and unusual experience through which you will understand why the details are classified. As I mentioned these unwelcome encounters have accelerated in the past few weeks. The disequilibrium affair became a regular occurrence between myself and a large network of up and coming gangsters frequenting my neighbourhood of the Gear.

I'd little regard for their illicit activities. What difference is to me who buys and sells drugs? However it was the boisterous and offensive impulses of the social unkempt crew that haunted every aspect of my routine. Not only had they infected the shops, parks and cafes with continuous loud music and fist fight displays, but they sat on my buildings doorstep for 8 hours a day. At any rate I took numerous counter measures eventually dispersing the hooligans from all of their hangouts thus bringing peace back to the community, Although most of my tactics were subversive and dirty, I was concerned for my anonimity after falling into public words with several offenders.

Earlier today those concerns came to light. I had left the shop early and followed my regular routes. Only this time I felt vibrations. I could see the thugs and dealers on many building stoops and I knew that their attention was directed at me. I caught a number of brief glances and was twice knocked had in the shoulder by passer before I reached the cafe. Here I saw a crew of rough individuals scatter quickly the moment I arrived. After purchasing my coffee the streets seemed clear. Not only did I see no marked enemy, the vibrations had ceased.

Sitting down in the sun, I put a book on the grass when a sudden compulsion over whelmed my calmed mind. I envisioned a surprise attack in which several unknown street dealers started kicking my as I sat in the grass. When I say envisioned it, I mean I felt it and saw it and was swooned despairingly with remorse at my helplessness. Turning around I surveyed the park and sure enough I was casually surrounded by more than twenty of my new voraciously oscillating friends.

I made eye contact with the one who I 'd toiled with earlier and locked glares with insistence. With the squint of his eye I knew they had something to prove. I meditatively replied by running scene through my mind. In a single beat I thought of all the names, faces and places I'd gathered against them and of the webpage I'd hidden which could relay the information. My nemesis flinched and I knew he'd understood for with a cussing sound from his teeth the entire group disappeared. I was no longer in fear nor do I expect further trouble, but as sure as I opened my book in the sun, I was hit in the back of the head by a Frisbee!




No comments:

Post a Comment