Monday, April 26, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS


HEY APATHY! Alternative Comics Scene from the LAST OPTIMIST

It has been an extensively uninterrupted and subsequently productive day at the drawing table. I spent most of the morning and better part of the afternoon working up some stills for the new animation. I created a 3rd of a second in approximately 5 hours. Sounds a little ridiculous I must admit, but the scene I'm working on involves an enormous crowd of characters and will probably only last for about four seconds. In my broken animators brain that translates to about 60 drawings. Those 60 drawings can then be compartmentalized into individual aspects, such as 60 drawings of the buildings, and 60 drawings of the skyline. Those 60 drawings can then be divided into 60 renderings of each window and 60 black fills on those buildings which are dark. The algebraic tortures continue onwards at which 60's upon 60's of images and touch up all come to a head on a tiny little particle representative of my sanity and mocking me for not choosing a simpler method of expression. But I've done this before, and probably will to some extent again, worked on stop-motion hand drawn animations and the result is always impressive for at one moment the tasks may seem endless then all of a sudden the cartoon comes to life. I let you know when that happens probably some 60 plus 60 or maybe 60 more days from now. The sooner I stop counting the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment