Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alternative Comics "CHAMBER MUSIC" and Online Comics

Alternative Comics Page unlettered montage of artistic process'

The beautiful sunny start to the week continues as we reached a moderate +14 today and expect even higher temperatures tomorrow. The spring weather always means a heavy workload. I was it contact with both a toy designer and the co-ordinator of the annual buskerfest this morning discussing future projects. Then I took the mid day off to see a free classical concert at the new Opera House on Queen Street. The free show was advertised as a CHOPIN tribute and I pretty much just went to check out the hall with a friend when much to my surprise and delight, the tribute was declared an homage and all three pieces were contemporary compositions by up and coming professionals. I saw a few elderly folk exit after the first piece and a child blurted out "this sounds crazy" in the middle of the second orchestration. The stuff sounded more like Stravinsky than it ever did CHOPIN, and I laughed to myself at the disappointed, yet utterly mislead audience.

I got back to the studio, barely escaping the urge to read in the park,  finished two pages of online comics, posted one of them on twitter, and scratched away an hour at the Gary Bartz portrait. With the new projects coming I have got to wrap the jazz caricature up. More art at http://www.heyapathy-comics-art.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment