Thursday, March 18, 2010

Alternative Comics Online pages and digital inking



HEY APATHY! online comics, Metropolitan Nightmares

and the disowning of personal possessions...



Another amazingly sunny and warm Torontonian Thursday today. And yes another extremely exhausting and productive work day. The earliest part of my day was spent reading at the cafe (7:30 - 8:30 am) followed by a whole bunch of scanning and digital inking for the online comics pages (9 am -12 noon). I posted two of these pages here but actually did seven in total ready for another instalment soon. Following the inking I put a few hours in on my toy design project (12-3). The toy is the brain child of Jacques Lamour, an investor I met while working out on Queen St. almost two years ago now. He has invented a modern superhero type character and back story and I am responsible for developing the design and potentially drawing a comic to go with the action figure. As an artist (whatever that means) I don't really get involved with typical design projects, however when the concepts jive with my own body of work and can be considered part of the HEY APATHY! mythology I usually get involved. Following the toy sketches I broke down and head for the park, it's + 17 outside for crying out loud. I brought some boards and worked my way through 2 more new comics pages while enjoying the kind and spring like weather (3-6pm). Played with cat, passed out and awoke regretting having not eaten first and here I am. Blah Blah more alternative comics and hopefully more comprehensive writing on the schedule tomorrow (must finish toy drawing, 2 essays, and a back load of comic pages for the scanner before the weekend or else...)  visit http://www.heyapathy-comics-art.com/  


No comments:

Post a Comment