Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS found one of those strange portals...



HEY APATHY! Alternative Comics


An interesting and somewhat unusual turn of events led to my discovery of one of those unique portals which permit visitations to other cities and possibly other parts of the world. No sense in delaying the inevitable so in I go and off to somewhere. This little vacation has upset my normal routines so my post is on the short side tonight but fear not if you have been following the Street Art Chronology for I'll resume those recollections at the end of my sudden travels. I don't know where this portal is headed nor what lies in store at the other side but I expect, though without any real reason, that I'll be back in my studio by next Tuesday.

In the mean time please enjoy some of these stills from the new HEY APATHY! animation funded by the Ontario Arts Council. I've been working on the project for a few months now and despite the tediously slow and extensive work involved the cartoon is coming to life. The first set of stills depicts a Technological Last Supper, as a group of young business people are attacked by a giant ominous Robot. The second set of stills represents the unconscious monsters which float, transform and permeate though out the meditative spaces. The entire short film will reveal many unusual discoveries through a strange quest to identify the city. 13 intermingled vignettes each based on a chapter of the weird fine art investigation I've entitled HEY APATHY! . The Ontario Arts Council was looking for some visual progress reports to help promote all the projects they've funded so I put together some quick samples before I prepare to dive into the travelling vortex which has so conspicuously presented itself. More bizarre ramblings when(ever) I return....   


MONSTER COMICS animation stills

No comments:

Post a Comment