Tuesday, May 18, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS Soul Devouring Leech Friends

HEY APATHY! Alternative Comics

Like most people in the world, save for an elite group of likely the most intelligent of beings, I have accumulated many friends and acquaintances over the years. However the names and number of these people seem to be in perpetual shift. The problem occurs as one becomes entangled in patterns and the true nature of the "friends" rears it's soul-devouring leech head. Not to say that this is always the case, but it take all sorts of a----les to burn the world down. Why would I dwell on such a horrific topic? It all started with a simple telephone call.

The phone started beeping (remember when it rang?) and on the other line was one of these so called friends. Granted this person has not been entirely evil, in fact on several occasions he has proven quite supportive. Yet despite all of these favours or friendly encounters the hairs on my neck instantly took to alarm. Here we go again. Without hesitation nor forethought I knew what was coming for this particular friend only calls me to boast. It is the strange pattern which struck a strong chord in my mind and set me on edge as I answered the call. While the soul sucker leeched some new braggart delusion I drifted into my own world in a soliloquy of doubt. Why I tolerate such untimely intrusions? These sorts of people are not really friends. Sure I've known them for years but the patterns are simple, the only time they call me is when they've some amazing success. And the truth of the matter the stories are not meant to be shared nor incite joy in the occurrence but only to cut me down, compete and belittle  for absolutely no good reason or at least of no benefit to me. Now I expect this from my enemies and tenfold from other artists but from someone with my home phone number is absolutely absurd! Cut me down and belittle me in insecure attempts to prove something!

Anyways I've wasted enough energy on such ridiculous matters so I interjected on the boasting a told this person with out a second thought "Get out of my life and don't call me again!" Wow that felt good. No more insidious evil soul sucking troll leeches are going to latch themselves to me under the guise of a friend. They may be coy, may be sneaky, and often bare gifts but if you listen to you instincts  the leech can be made right away. It also seems easy to fall into routines but with a swift simple gesturte your world can change. So to churn the negative into an opportunity I am warning you to be wary of friends with black oozing hatred and creepy sly remarks who cause you nothing but aggrevation!


No comments:

Post a Comment