Friday, May 28, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS still travelling the vortex

HEY APATHY! Alternative Comics Travelling the Vortex


As I mentioned in my last post i discovered one of the strange and opportune portals which permits travel to distance cities, lands and experiences. Like any inquiring mind I obviously dove right in a set myself forth towards unknown adventure. The vortex was more pleasantly travelled than many I moved through before as the ride remained smooth and the scenery exquisite. It isn't really possible to make such judgements when riding the waves but I suppose I was making good time anyways. My travelling companions included my father and Julii though we left the task of navigation up to a small mechanical device. Julii read and slept whilst I soaked up the natural surroundings breathing deeply and deeply enjoying the endlessly passing green hills. We spun undisturbed and happily towards fates destination without a care nor concern when thing turned suddenly diabolic.

We passed a strange conglomeration of electronic devices and large arched obstructions impeded the portal. Oversized men-creatures decorated with military uniforms, bearing both proudly waved flags and unconcealed weapons stopped us dead in our tracks then proceeded with the harassments. They separated and searched us with intimidating fashion forcing me to surrender my finger prints to a machine. I don't believe they had the right to do so but in combination with my travellers wooziness, their threatening demeanour appeared of all authority. In the end they decided to send us back through the portal which was much preferred to the insinuated incarceration.

"Why all the trouble?" I was bold enough to ask and the answer was a simple accusation of smuggling. I had on my person 50 HEY APATHY! comic books which, unbeknown to myself we apparently illegal. I was told that this small fortune would not be permitted to cross the interdimensional gateway to the totalitarian country side awaiting at the other end. Yes the comics and the retail value of about $100 were in very serious violation to the laws of this land. Two and a half hours occupied by the activities of approximately four guardian soldiers relinquished our crime and these stresses potentially saving both country and globe. I felt much safer knowing no comic books would ever pass through the portal and decided to leave my collection behind and approach the border again. This time the search revealed no necessity for seizure nor imprisonment and we were once again hurled through the vortex travelling safely through space and strange time... (to be continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment