Saturday, May 8, 2010

ALTERNATIVE COMICS STREET ART!

HEY APATHY! ALTERNATIVE COMICS The STREET ARTIST

HEY APATHY! is a cross genre anthology of interconnected tales from the monstrous metropolis known as the city of Gears! The entire is told from my perspective as a tiny street artist exhibiting and documenting in the middle of the madness. The entire series simultaneously introduces us to the imaginary City and shares my unusual experiences as a public performer.

When I first documented the city I rendered it as an ominous gear propelled by an endless sea of faceless denizens. In order to investigate the situation further I set out to the heart of the downtown core and started doing street art exhibitions and live painting demonstrations. During that time I met many a weird denizen and peoples from all over te globe and of all walks of life. I also developed an extraordinary skill by which large format ink murals appear instantaneously in front of large audiences. As a result of these public experimentations both the artworks and myself have evolved immensely. Today I still draw the city as a giant gear, only now it is all the unique and crazy people, not faceless cogs who fuel the machine. HEY APATHY! is an explanation of the unexplainable absurdities of urban existence and my internal debate between the world of comics and facing reality..more at http://www.heyapathy-comics-art.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment